Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Out with the New, In with the Old





















The eclectic Olde good gallery truck is parked next to anthropologie on certain mondays, and the cartoon lion is always sitting there, comically roaring at 5th Ave. It makes me laugh. Who pays attention? How many inwards smiles does this thing get? I'm betting quite a few.
All things worn, chic and pre-loved have never quite been out of favour, but have never been mainstream, either. It seems though that now this trend of recycling and sharing has become something more accepted and experimented with. I still have the Monk mentality that i can't really quite own something that was once owned and used by someone else (that philosophy probably applies to boys too); I'm taking baby steps with 2nd hand books. Right now I'm reading the most gorgeous book printed in 1902 by Thornstein Veblen, Theory of the Leisure Class, which I'd found in the $3 pile in Argosy books right around the corner of work, on 116 e59 st.
I still miss you Daunt Books dearly!

No comments:

Post a Comment