Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Hunting and Gathering for inspiration

I have begun my painstaking research for my summer project, which is to make samples and a website for my idea called hunt+gather industries. Merely choosing the font type has taken me a lot of time, and I am still mulling over it.

I am now doing a lot of research on competitor brands, currently looking at:
  • Brooks Bros
  • Turnbull & Asser
  • J. Press
  • Ralph
I've also been reading up on a few magazines:
Something I found inspiring:




















Vintage monogrammed undergarment courtesy of WGSN
Although much of the material I am looking at is not directly related to my project I feel that looking at unrelated objects can bring about unexpected inspiration.
I put together an inspiration board that had a lot from the Sartorialist, magazines like Bazaar, FT, GQ. I found I gravitated to images that were more subtle in message; I especially liked grainy black and whites; you can never have too much of Grace Kelly.


















I have yet to open my Steve McQueen book, which I got from Taschen the other day. Currently he is mischievously grinning at me from my bookshelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment