Tuesday, August 31, 2010

That's amore...a La Piadina con @Merodi, Bondi, Tuesday night

Bells will ring ting-a-ling-a-ling, ting-a-ling-a-ling
And you'll sing LA PIADINA  

I don't know about you but my head spins sometimes when the menu is so big it borders on the encyclopedic. My brain (let alone stomach) can't function and I resort to ordering 'the usual', or 'what's best', left to the mercy of a clueless waitress who had only been working there for a day or two. The only exception is when I have a big wine or cocktail list in front of me, to which I study with enthusiastic fervour. But a food menu...well, simple is best, no? 

La Piadina is unadulterated, simple, scrumptious piadina. There is no bells and whistles bar the retro ultramen and dinosaurs (in ugg boots no less!)- and the food just speaks for itself. Volumes. The bread is exactly the right texture and thickness that anything it wraps itself around should deem itself lucky. Prosciutto has me at hello (always) but here inside a piandina I think it has found a home.  

The coffee was amazing too. I can safely say now that what I'll miss about Sydney after my Grandmothers and beaches...is definitely going to be its flat whites and lattes. 

PS. have I said this before? I LOVE Lo Sono L'Amore. I don't think I was breathing for the entirety of the second half. Now seems to be the right time to bring it up: 

Si, please watch by any means possible. 

Posted via email from Hunt & Gather

No comments:

Post a Comment