Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The power of an Orange #Remedy #Recipe

So i've been down with the flu and have been walking around with the voice of a pubescent boy on the cusp of manlihood. Or McLovin. I have been referenced to Phoebe- the One where she has a phlemy voice and doesn't want to give it up. I don't enjoy it quite as much as she does, and it's about time I got my non-sick self back. 

Mummy then calls and suggests the strangest remedy for cure- poached orange. Who on earth taught her this I don't know. I just gave it a try- don't know if it's going to help but we shall see.

You will need:

  • A medium sized orange
  • 1 tbsp salt
  • a little pot big enough for your medium orange
  1. Fill the pot with water for around 2cm deep. Bring it a gentle simmer
  2. Cut the base of the orange just at the rind- enough for it to be able to sit still
  3. Cut the other (top) end of the orange a bit deeper- till you get into the flesh perhaps 2cm in radius
  4. Gut out the top end of the orange ever so slightly- perhaps 2cm deep
  5. Put the salt into the pit on the top of the orange
  6. Place the orange carefully into the simmering water. Lower heat to low and let it sit nicely for 15-20 minutes
  7. Take it out, eat the flesh and drink the juice. If it tastes weird (which it will) add some honey
The juice is critical, and I'm guessing so is the leftover rind. So what i did was I made some yogi tea and put in the juice and the rind for it to marinade. That tastes quite medicinally good.

</object>

Posted via email from Hunt & Gather

No comments:

Post a Comment